For all you Romeos out there, Valentine's Day is coming up and I've got news for you- ladies love wine! I'm sure you're saying, "Hey dude- I like wine too!", but for the upcoming holiday it's going to be very important to have the right wine. Here's a few suggestions:
- Nicolas Feuillate Rosé ($44.99). You can't go wrong with bubbly, especially pink bubbly. This will not only set the mood, it will also pair with mostly anything you'd like to put against it. It's raspberry fullness and exotic spice depth will leave you asking for more. Grab a bottle or two.
- Huel Pinot Blanc "Cuvee Les Amours" ($12.49). The name says it all and if you're in the mood for some white wine then you'll be in for a treat. Pop it open with some oysters on the halfshell or any other fresh seafood. Melon and pear fruitiness pop out at you in the nose and palate.
- Crios de Susana Balbo Rosé ($11.29). More pink for Valentine's Day? You've got it! And this Malbec will not disappoint. Fresh, fruity, lively and fun. If you're eating spicy food this will cool it off and enhance the flavors.
- Valentin Bianchi Malbec ($17.99). More Malbec, and this one is deep purple, bright, spicy and full bodied. Fire up the grill for some beef or lamb you'll be in pure bliss with this choice.
- Gaja Ca'Marcanda Promis ($39.99). Love is all about trust and your date will be elated after you've come through on your promise to not mess up the wine choice! This wine is full of violets, mint and italian oregano aroma to go with its juicy dark fruit. Love this wine!
- Terra Valentine Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($34.99). For the fullest of lovers, this wine will leave you and your date in ecstasy. The perfect dry wine to go with chocolate dessert.
Make sure to grab a bottle or two out of these selections and let me know how your Valentine's experience went!