Last week I had the delight of putting together an amazing event for a West Loop client with the help of Chef Meagan Lombaer (aka The Radical Larder). It was for a group of about 30 guests and Meagan came up with the novel idea of creating a Bruschetta Bar- take some grilled crusty bread and top it yourself with different sauces, meats, veggies, fruits and cheeses- what could be better for a party?!
I had a blast selecting wines to pair up with the toppers and here's how some of it went:
- NV Segura Viudas Gran Cuvee with shrimp/avocado/roast corn salad, St André triple créme
- 2015 King Estate Pinot Gris with fresh ricotta & pear mostarda, Gruyére de Comté
- 2016 Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d'Aix en Provence Rosé with prosciutto, chutney & preserves, young Gorgonzola Dolce
- 2015 Amayna Boya Pinot Noir with liver pate, Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog Grande
- 2012 Querciabella Mongrana with grilled beef tenderloin/balsalmic glaze, Piave
While those may be better pairings for the wines, I highly recommend everyone to dabble and try out different combos. Might as well when you have a whole bar to choose from!
If you'd like to have an event like this for your guests, feel free to contact me for help in putting it together- it was absolutely amazing!